Thursday, June 5, 2014

She Loves YOU the Most

18 months ago a very insightful therapist told me, "Do you know why she treats you so badly?" Since tears were running down my cheeks, I just shook my head back and forth in the typical "No" in response to the question. He replied, "Because she loves YOU the most."  That statement has stuck with me and frequents my thoughts on more occasions than most.

I often times think back on all the cruel harsh words that were said the battles that were never won and the tearful nights praying for my daughter.  Then those words come back to me, "She loves you the most" and I smile.

We mothers have such a thankless job. We are one of the only consistent most influential people in our children's lives.  I encourage you to never compromise your beliefs, values, integrity, or love when it comes to your children.   These are the unseen actions and unspoken words of a mother that never get noticed.  We should love our children no matter what they dish out to us.  Sometimes we are broken and imagine we can't possibly go on.  That's when I want to say to you my friends, "Its because they love you the most!"

Love isn't earned it's given freely.  When we love unconditionally, when our children are the ugliest to love, that's when I testify that miracles will abound.  Some miracles will be so small that you could possible miss them if you aren't paying attention. Open your heart and mind to the limitless possibilities of those words, "they love YOU the most!"

Sometimes I joke that I can hardly stand my kids while on earth why would I want to spend eternity with them?  Don't we all have those days?  But truly, I can't bare the thought of not being with my family for eternity.  Everyone holds there own beliefs.  These are the things that keep us going, right?  I am a supporter of individuality and would never want to offend my friends with my beliefs nor would I ever want someone to try and convenience me that my beliefs are wrong.  For me- I believe there is only one power on this earth that can bind families for the eternities.  I believe that this promise to seal families together can only be performed in the temple of our God by the proper authority.  This belief keeps me going.  It is what makes me treat my children with respect and love in all that I do.  It also make me stronger/firmer with my kids when I need to be.  Whether this is true for you or not, it's true for me. I am grateful for those who respect me enough to let me enjoy this life with my hopes, desires and beliefs.

 Life is often times so painful.  Trust me I've been there, done that and in my lifetime will probably do it again.  Just typing that brings tears to my eyes.  Why do we keep trying?  Why do we keep forgiving?  Why do we keep praying?   I'm pretty sure the reason is, "WE LOVE THEM the MOST!

This week is Falisha's celebration of 18 months clean and sober!  18 months WOW!  Something to be super proud of.   Who are you kidding?  I'm her MOM.  I always knew she could do it- because, "I Loved HER the MOST!" when I could have given up.

xoxo- to those 4 precious people I Love the MOST!



No comments: