Monday, October 14, 2013

Aunty

"Aunty"

When I was a little girl I would tell my mom that I was going to have 8 kids.  She only laughed at me. She must have had some psychic ability that knew I couldn't do it!  I yearned for a big family with lots of brothers and sisters.  My elementary friend had 7 kids and her mom just kept having babies.  It was so chaotic at their house, but it was also so much fun to be around all those kids.  I always wanted to play at her house.  It was dirty, loud, and crazy! 

Since my mother had Huntington's Disease this put a big damper on baby making in my family.  I was pregnant when I got married so I figured I better just keep having kids until I reached the age of thirty.  This wasn't an arbitrary age.  This was the age that I thought would be practical, because if I was tested positive then my youngest would be almost 10 years old before I became symptomatic.  I realize now this was super irresponsible.  What mother knowingly puts their children at risk for a deadly disease?  I'm blessed beyond measure that I don't have it.

My brother waited until after he was tested for Huntington's to start having children.  His results were also negative, so let the baby making begin, right?  Wrong, nothing happened.  Months turned into years and I remember telling my dad that I just didn't think they would ever have babies.  My dad was super sad and I was heart broken.  When my little nephew was born I cried.  Cried because it took so very long for him to get to this earth.  I was a 40 year old Aunty!  At that moment, life was complete.  As I held that little boy in my arms I felt an overwhelming feeling of complete joy!  I could see myself, and my mom in him.  Weird as that seems- There is something crazy special in that little boy! 

This summer I went to visit Jaden in Hawaii and was gone for 10 days.  You wouldn't believe it, but I started getting text messages every morning at 5:30 am and they didn't stop until he went to bed.  One day I counted and he messaged me 175 times!  I would get texts with hearts and smiley faces, videos claiming he loved me and pictures of what he was doing without me.  No one else,  not even my husband sent me texts like that!  I felt soo loved and missed, I couldn't wait to get back to him!  

It has almost been 4 years since that little guy has come into my life.  He and I have an unbreakable bond that would melt anyone's heart!  When we get together everything else in the world just fades away.  We belong together and that's just a matter of fact.  He recently told his mom, "Aunt Tiffany is my FAVORITE! more favorite than you!"  lol  I know he really doesn't love me more than his mom, but are you serious?  How can I not feel special!

What a reward/Fakapale he is in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that Tiffany. I just cried reading it, there is something "crazy special in that little boy!"
Christine